Day Fourteen--Tuesday, January 27th, 2015
When You Come In
- Initial next to your name on my clipboard for attendance.
- Drop your phone in the phone hostage center. Put your phone BEHIND your name card, please.
- Grab your book and your orange daily reading log.
- Please get out your two vocab words from yesterday, FORMIDABLE and CATALYST.
Review Old Vocab
- ...on the board with me. Get on up!
New Vocab Words
- to pacify
Six-Way Paragraph: Gruesome Plants
Six-Way Paragraph—Understanding a Passage in Six Different Ways
1. Reading Strategy #1: Read the questions first! (Give yourself purpose.)
2. Reading Strategy #2: Consider the title, before, during and after reading.
3. Reading Strategy #3: Annotation (Talk to the text.)
- When you finish the paragraphs, read and relax until I stop you. Most people are starting to ready by 10:42; ending time 11:12-ish
- Pair-share, then check as a class.
- Turn in for a daily grade.
Read and Relax
- Get your daily reading log and your reading book
- Fill it out.
- Read and enjoy your just-right book.
--Read and relax!
Last Few Minutes
Complete your daily reading log
a. time ended
b. page ended
c. TOTAL PAGES READ.
2. Rate yourself. (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
3. Put your daily reading log and book over on the table where it was when class started (or take your book with you, if you’re reading outside of class).