DAY ELEVEN--Thursday, January 22nd, 2015
- Grab your folder, please!
- Paper pass-back
- Tiny or Immense--I read all but Kaytlynn’s and McKenna’s
Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Bells” (pages 18-20 in your book, purple)
- Shmoop Background on “The Bells” = http://www.shmoop.com/bells-poe/
- Let’s listen to two readings:
- Basil Rathbone and Vincent Price on iTunes
- Tom O'Bedlam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75-812-sj4
- Shmoop on Sounds: http://www.shmoop.com/bells-poe/sound-check.html
- With your partner, complete assignments #1, #2, and #3 on page 19.
You may use online help to create your list for Assignment #1, after you spend at least FIVE MINUTES using only your own brains. Create this list of words in the class folder called, “Onomatopoeia Assignment #1.” Save it as your last names.
- Use page 18 to record your answers for Assignments #2 and #3.
- Circle up for class discussion over page 18 when I call time, please.
Poem Writing Experiment: Form and Meaning (pages 2-3)
- Create your poem in the “Form and Meaning” folder in our class google folder.
- Use the poems on page 3 as models.
- Create a poem that is at least ten lines long.
- You will read these aloud in class tomorrow--yay!