Tuesday, December 9th
Eleven Days Remaining
When You Come In
- Sign in, please.
- Put your phone in the hostage center.
Focus for the Last Days
- Showing, Not Just Telling
- Rubric Pieces
- Sharing Work (small groups; partners)
- Storybook Final Project
Writing Lesson: Showing, Not Just Telling: PERSONIFICATION (p. 36)
1. You may ask, why bother with figurative language?
2. Here is an answer, an actual Example From a Sense Poem from last year:
The irridescent sunset creeps behind the towering oak trees,
playing hide and seek with the moon
Personification Handout Here (file = “Personification Lesson.docx)”
APPLICATION: Use personification to make the imagery stronger in the pieces you revise today, and the pieces you revise the rest of the term.
Revising YOUR SENSE POEM!
WORK ON THE GRAMMAR ASSIGNMENTS IF YOU FINISH BEFORE I START THE NEXT ASSIGNMENT!