Friday, December 5th, 2014
(Thirteen days remaining)
When You Come In
- Sign in.
- Open your Oedipus packet to page 18, and put your name in big letters across the top.
- Lay it on my table, next to my mug, please.
- Get on quizlet.
- Review the quizlet standings. :-)
- Play quizlet to study the new vocab words--quiz TUESDAY.
- After ten/fifteen minutes, review the standings again!
- started 10:13; ending about 10:25
- started @ 11:42; ending about 11:55
Oedipus Rex Read-Aloud and Discussion Continue reading from page 18.
- Annotate as we go:
- DI = dramatic irony
- Things Oedipus says/does that make him a good king
- References to blindness and sight, not seeing and seeing
- Greek Myth Connections
- Questions (…mostly when you read on your own.)
- Box or highlight vocabulary words
- Thank you people who discussed a lot yesterday, and thank you to people who asked a few questions or made a few comments. Your comments and questions during discussion will keep our reading of the play ALIVE!
- Let’s hear from everyone today. You don’t need to raise your hands. Let’s go college-style and discuss like grown-ups. :-)
- Chris/Yara,, can you keep track again today?
ABSENT PEOPLE: WE READ FROM PAGE 18 TO PAGE 28!
- Quizlet studying and pre-test (screenshot). Remind me to make this visible before you leave!