Monday, October 6, 2014
- Listen to the new vocab words, and discuss them briefly--did you see them in the Soviet Union reading?
- Be on the lookout for them today. HIGHLIGHT them when you see them, and write the definitions out to the side as part of your annotating, please.
A Note on Animal Farm
- I’m going to have you read and annotate the first two chapters, as well as start a character list in your notes.
- Are there a million things I want you to think about with this novella? Yes! But I want you to get your feet wet with the reading before I ask you to consider additional information and ponder additional questions.
- Pick up the Soviet Union background quiz. Follow the directions, then turn it in at my candle.
- Now, you can start reading and annotating Animal Farm (directions below).
Animal Farm Reading Assignment
- Read chapters one and two, pages 1-14.
- Annotate carefully:
- make inferences
- ask questions
- make predictions
- make connections
- Create a list of characters in your notes (...either on paper or on computer; you will turn them in for a note-taking grade) to keep them straight; list characteristics each time the animal is mentioned.
- We will have a reading quiz tomorrow over chapters one and two.
Day 34--Monday, October 6th
- 3rd Block--follow the schoology plan.
- 4th block--read and relax for twenty-five minutes, THEN follow the schoology plan (listed below)
- Take the vocab pre-quiz.
- Get the key from the folder; grade it ("X" over ones you miss completely; half for spelling), then turn it into the drawer.
- Return the key to the folder.
- Read the advice on making inferences here: Inference Advice
- Come get a handout called, "Making Inferences 1", and complete it, then turn it in.
- Grab a handout called, Making an Inference from a Photo.
- Look at the pictures here: Making an Inference from a Photo
- Complete your handout with your inferences about each photo, then turn it in.
- Read and relax!