WEDNESDAY, September 17th, 2014
- We will take the quizlet quiz over Greek myth and how it influences our language.
- Play the new quizlet (final exam review) after you turn in your quiz.
College-Prep Skill: Note-Taking
1. Review Monday’s (9/15) sentence you wrote about note-taking—did it help with your notes from Monday?
2. What are the big ideas we noted in Monday’s viewing (from your notes)?
3. Write me a sentence about what you’re going to do when you take notes today. (It can be a combination of Friday’s and Monday’s plans.)
4. Date your notes = 9/17!
DVD starting at 1:12 today--about half an hour remaining.
something (such as an important idea or subject) that is repeated throughout a book, story, etc.
a single or repeated design or pattern
Complete the survey, after work time today: https://docs.google.com/a/washington.k12.ia.us/forms/d/1XUsajipzTdERhFI_IkdMkFZK3lmap0jPDWPaNWCI1UY/viewform?usp=send_form
- Study quizlet, “Greek Myth Final Exam Material.”
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
When You Come In
- Sign in, please.
- Grab your pink sheet and your free reading book.
- Fill out your yellow Vocab Connoisseur papers, and give those to me know.
- Organize your folder with the papers you are getting back today.
- Put them in the right sections.
- Put them in date order--oldest in front of section, newest in back.
- Get out a sheet of notebook paper.
- Put your name and the date at the top, and title it “Original Vocab Sentences.”
- Open your binder to your orange vocab section, so you can use your notes.
- Write a sentence of at least ten words using one of the following vocab words correctly:
- to lament
- to pacify
- Repeat, until you use each of the six words = six sentences total.
- When you finish, turn in your sentences to the drawer, and play quizlet until I stop you.
- Do “speller” if spelling is an issue for you, since spelling WILL count on Friday’s test.
- Reading Actively--this is our mid-term performance test.
- Words we don’t know--box them, then write the red definitions on your text (annotating):
- Labyrinth maze
- Porcelain white marble-like stone
- somber serious; austere; stern
- ceased stopped
- When you finish, please turn it in to the drawer.
- Remain silent, since other people will be taking the test still.
- Fill out your pink sheet, and start reading your free reading book.
- You have the rest of the block, if needed, to do your best work, and to finish the test. Take your time.