September 9th, 2014
When You Come In
- Please sign in.
- Look in your folder, and make sure you have enough yellow sheets to take notes over eight presentations (two yellow sheets).
- Give your extra yellow sheets (blank) back, please!
NEW IDEA: Importance of Beasts and Creatures
1. Represented evil in conflicts between good and bad
2. Gave mortals the chance to slay them and become heroes
3. Offered so many answers and explanations for disasters such as shipwrecks and volcanoes
Beast/Creature Presentations (...although some are gods/goddesses.)
Myth Beast/Creatures Presented Yesterday
- three-headed dog
- owned by Hades
- protects/guards underworld
- Typhon is the dad
- Hercules captured him as is twelfth labor
- has a hundred and one heads
- a hundred snakes
- causes giant storms and volcanos
- most powerful--challenged Zeus
- Gaia is his mom (earth)
- woman/vulture combo
- smell BAD!
- Zeus’s minions
- devils of destruction and death
- lion, lady, serpent tail, eagle wings
- terrorizes town of Thebes
- told riddle then tore people apart when they didn’t answer correctly
- vanquished by Oedipus
Order for Today
Roman names of Greek gods--lord, help up!
- Study Vocab List #3 on quizlet (QUIZ WEDNESDAY)--http://quizlet.com/47166260/teacher/1071696/pastyear
- Study the Greek god names and their Roman names (QUIZ FRIDAY), so you recognize them when you see them--http://quizlet.com/47490884/greek-roman-names-of-myth-gods-and-goddesses-flash-cards/