Friday, September 5th, 2014
When You Come In—Do these things before the tardy bell, please.
1. Initial attendance on the clipboard on the front table.
- All materials you need are on the back table, by the window. You are working independently at your own pace today. When you need a paper, come get it, like a ninja--do not kick, slap, make goofy faces at people across the room, etc.
2. Six-Way Paragraph—Understanding a Passage in Six Different Ways--Early Doctoring Practices”
- Reading Strategy #1: Read the questions first! (Give yourself purpose.)
- Reading Strategy #2: Consider the title, before, during and after reading.
- Reading Strategy #3: Annotation (Talk to the text.)
Take your time, use your strategies, and do your best work.
3. Vocabulary Pre-Quiz
- Take the vocabulary pre-quiz.
- When you finish, get an answer key from the back table by the window, and score it.
- Record your score at the top = ______/21
- Put it in the drawer, please.
4. Vocabulary Practice
- Play quizlet for ten minutes.
5. Vocabulary Extra Credit
- Enter your sentences on the spreadsheet in google drive.
- Be respectful on our shared doc.
6. Vocabulary Pics
- Finish finding your 24 vocab pics, if you have not already done so.
- Review the handout from yesterday, BEFORE you start working today.
7. Start Read and Relax as soon as you are ready, but no later than 12:55 (3rd block) and 2:50 (4th block).
- …thirty minutes today.
- If you need a conference today (because you finished a book), let me know! Here’s who I have so far:
- Jacob (3rd)
- Mak (3rd)
- Maddie (4th)
1. Complete your pink daily reading log
a. time ended
b. page ended
c. TOTAL PAGES READ.
2. Rate yourself. (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
3. Put your pink sheet and book over on the table where it was when class started, unless you’re reading outside of class today.