Welcome to Creative Writing!
First Block and Second Block—Save in Multiple Folders.
Task #1: Finish your Partner Dialogue Story. (Review the targets in green at the top of your story BEFORE you begin working today, please.)
Task #2: Create Writing Experiment #7, Personal Essay—due MONDAY
Fifteen or twenty minutes TO START, FINISH FOR HOMEWORKYou must answer "YES" to all the following questions for 100% on this assignment.
Copy the seven items in red below, then paste them into the top of your doc before you start typing.
1. The piece is a minimum of 500 words—we’re bumping it up. My word count is in parentheses beside my name.
2. I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.
3. I used the correct MLA format for heading.
4. I doublespaced the whole piece.
5. I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying--these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow.
6. I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words--these words are highlighted in pink.
7. All above items are complete by classtime Monday, at which time I will submit it to Willis on google form.
Task #3: Edit Dialogue Stories with Your Partner! (handout)
Homework Due Tomorrow = 20,000 grains in free rice
Homework Due Monday = WE#7