- Santa's Helper Letter Worksheet--we filled in the top half, and we will fill in the bottom half tomorrow.
- We watched Olive the Other Reindeer, in preparation for our letter-writing tomorrow.
Organization and Portfolio
- I showed how to create a folder for all our work, called "Creative Writing 2012."
- I showed how to create a folder within a folder, called "Portfolio, 2012."
- We organized all our writing from the term.
- We organized the five pieces we starred yesterday (the ones we think we will put in our portfolio) into that "Portfolio" folder.
- Keep thinking on your portfolio idea: due thirteen class days from now.
- We watched Olive the Other Reindeer.
- We examined and articulated the rhythm and rhyme of the Shakespeare sonnet we annotated yesterday.
- We discussed the first eight lines of the sonnet, per your annotations, and per my ideas.
- I handed out the skeleton for writing your own sonnet, and we spent a few minutes creating two lines of a class sonnet, just to see how long the process might take.
- We took ten minutes at the end of the block to work on either free rice OR the sonnet.
- 13,000 grains of rice on free rice by classtime tomorrow, Friday
- Original sonnet (not a recycle of the one you might have written for Sophomore English), due Monday