Welcome to Creative Writing!
When You Come In
1. Please initial next to your name on the clipboard.
2. Get with your partner from yesterday, and finish Survival Tips (pages 4-5)
Writing Experiment #1--Around the Block
1. Writing Experiment
a. It’s a first draft.
b. Do your best work…
c. …but don’t agonize over it.
d. Work quickly!
e. Type your guts out!
f. See the survival tip about not stressing about your first draft.) (See #15 and #21)
2. Take a look at the requirements for this assignment.
3. Check out the models.
a. Models are not perfect examples.
b. Models are glimpses at how some people chose to approach this assignment.
4. Editing Lesson
a. MLA format for heading
b. Required on everything you hand in this term.
a. Sign into/Create your google account.
b. We’re typing here today, and for most of the term, so get comfortable!
6. Your assignment will save in google docs. Make sure you name it as follows: “Last Name—Around the Block”.
Writing Experiment #1
Around the Block
Imagine you’re walking down a block in your neighborhood.
Write a poem in which you describe everything you see along the way, from puddles to pieces of trash, from lost gloves to chipped paint on the curb.
1. Use the five senses
a. texture (how things feel)
2. Break it into lines
3. Do NOT rhyme. J
4. Font = 12
5. Spacing = up to you (EXCEPT MLA, which has to be doublespaced)
Time Started: 12:35; Time Ending: 12:55-ish.
· Earthbook/Academic Fraud worksheet