Welcome to Creative Writing!
Note to Natalee, Johannah, Beth, Anna and Sydney:
When you get to the part about peer conferencing, get on google docs and check out Clay's poem. I used it as a guinea pig to show how to peer conference your partner's poem, making at least ten solid comments on it. (Clay shared it with you, so go under "file" and "see revision history", and look at the comments I made in class today.
Natalee, Johannah and Beth, you guys do a triangle trade for your peer conferencing.
Sydney and Anna, you guys trade tomorrow night, after you get your revisions done.
E-mail me with questions! :-)
Welcome to ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING!
LET’S RELIVE THE HORROR OF LAST NIGHT’S BRAIN PAIN.
WHAT DID THIS ACTIVITY HAVE TO DO WITH DICTION?!
1. Week Two Conference with Me (Preparation)—handout so you can get ready for tomorrow
2. Print everything. (Shannon as model)
3. Competing Values
a. The Environment
4. Log in what you need to in your manila folder.
1. Complete two paragraphs for “Hurtling Towards Cereal Bowl”.
2. Make sure you have everything in order for our conference tomorrow.
3. Note #1: I’ll ask you tomorrow (Wednesday) if you want to share your two paragraphs with the class. It’ll be voluntary, so maybe three people will share, or maybe everyone will share—it depends on how this exercise turns out for you.
4. Note #2: Wes and Angelic, drop your list of Banished Words into the Group folder so we can look at them tomorrow, please.