Welcome to Creative Writing!
1. Clichés--page 8—what are they? Why are they bad for our writing?
2. Create anti-clichés (p. 8). (Ten Minutes)
3. Trade three times for smileys.
o Read your partner’s ten anti-clichés.
o Put a smiley and your initials by the TWO you feel are strongest.
4. Everyone share his/her best anti-cliché.
5. Take the pledge to avoid clichés in your writing.
6. Check out pages 9-10.
· Put a question mark by clichés you don’t understand,
· Put a smiley by ones you like (even though they’re cliché).
· Put a check-mark by the ones you’ve heard gazillions of times.
· Pair-share your responses.
· I’ll explain any that are still unclear.
Please see the weekly plan on google docs. Thanks!