When You Come In
· Please sign in! Thanks!
· Get your blue sheet off the circle table, please!
Organization--Big Picture for Remainder of Term
· Monday-Friday, October 10th-14th
Fluency Final Preparation w/Books
· Monday-Friday, October 17th-21st
Performances for WHS Staff
· Monday, October 24th
· Tuesday and Wednesday, October 25th and 26th
End of Term
· Thursday, October 27th
1. Look at the Fluency Rubric.
2. What does each item mean?
3. I’m going to read you an EXCERPT (part of) a story, and I want you to evaluate me on the fluency items.
4. Identify the Super Signals that would help a reader read this fluently.
5. We’re going to identify as many as we can from the story I just read part of.
6. Come up and highlight them on the big screen.
7. Record the Super Signals on your Super Signals Chart.
“They’re Made Out of Meat”
Read and Relax
· Thirty minutes
· Keep your handouts from Friday until Wednesday. We will use them then.
· Get a Visualizing handout; you’ll need it later in the block.
· Get an extra Character Chart, if you need one.
· Make sure you’re ready for your mid-term conference when I call you back. Please come back quickly, and be organized, so I can talk to everyone (hopefully) today. J
Quiet, Independent Work Time (while I continue Mid-Term Conferences) from Now Until Lunch
1. Read pages 64-94.
3. Take notes on page 13 (Style Element Observations).
4. Be on the lookout for MOTIFS (p. 9). How are they expanding or imploding?
5. Continue tracking the characters? Who needs another chart?
Close Reading: “The Monkey Garden”, pages 94-98
1. Read and annotate.
2. Fill in the Visualizing handout with at least twenty concrete details.