- Two drawings
- I conferenced with everyone about their storyboards.
- Everyone presented his/her two new drawings.
- We made our plans for tomorrow.
- We all got the short story unit.
- We talked about point of view (pages 2-3).
- I talked about the short story proposal (due Monday)
- People worked on the various items needed today.
- Describing People (p. 4)--select TWO exercises to complete, and type a paragraph for each one (due tomorrow)
Here's the agenda from today:
• Continue the results of your discussions last week.
• Guess whose portfolio is whose.
• Next Week: view portfolio slideshow.
• Before you ask a question, please read all the directions you have in front of you.
• Then, if you still don’t know the answer, ask a neighbor.
• Then, if you still don’t know the answer, ask another neighbor.
• Then, if you still don’t know the answer, ask me.
• …no shouting across the room—come back to my desk if you have a question.
• Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
• Second Draft Peer Conference (I’ve already matched you up with partners.)
• Be careful, and be picky, and keep the rubric in mind—today is the last day to give any comments that can help your partner create a stronger draft.
• Final draft due today w/ rubric
Simile Poem Revision
• Get the simile creation pages (circle table).
• Read carefully over everyone’s suggestions for your simile.
• Get a Simile Poem Rubric (circle table), and follow the directions
for revising this piece.
- We read! :-)