- We organized all our bookmark journals for the final.
- We tallied our pink daily reading grade.
- We updated our yellow Reading Records.
- I conferenced with about a third of the class about the above items.
- We read for about seventy minutes.
- We put our Writing Experiment #14 in the drawer.
- I handed back lots of papers, and we took the time to read over the comments, then log them into our folders.
- We selected three pieces that we hadn't read aloud yet, and we spent twenty minutes with our small sharing groups--sharing, clapping, and making comments.
- I handed back WWYLN? and the Death of Language assignments, along with directions for how to assess them. Then we spent fifteen minutes completing that.
Revision and Portfolio Thinking
- I passed out the getting-organized sheet, and I talked people through it. People filled it out, then returned it to me.
Tomorrow, we start revision!
- Work on your portfolio!
- We met in our lit circle groups to see what page number people are on, and then everyone selected a job from the packet.
- We spent fifteen minutes of individual work-time completing the blue sheet for our role in today's discussion.
- We had about ten minutes of discussion before lunch, and then we continued our discussions for another ten minutes when we got back.
- We reviewed for twenty minutes with white boards.
- Read your Book Club assignment.
- Complete the page in the blue packet for your Book Circle role.
- Complete your 1 1/2 pages, typed, doublespaced rough draft of your Graduation Essay.