- We read for seventy-five minutes.
- I did book chats with people who needed them.
- We took notes and discussed the Emily Bronte sentence (p. 3).
- We pair-shared the metaphors and similes (p. 14), then got back together to talk about which ones we thought were most powerful.
- We pair-shared the Alleged Metaphors on pages 15-6, then got back together to talk about how and why they went wrong.
- Writing Experiment #10--Love is Like....
- I explained how to do this assignment, and we used school as an example. I also read several models from past years. Then we had twenty minutes to write our own poem comparing Love (or anything!) to anything else.
- Theme for English B (p. 45)
Animal Farm Pair-Share, then Whole Class Sharing
- Manipulative Language worksheets for chapters 6 and 7
- How have the commandments changed? Why?
Animal Farm Vocabulary
- We looked at, discussed, and practiced pronouncing the vocabulary, using the wikiposts.
Lecture and Powerpoint
- Mr. Hoover talked about Stalinist Russia. We took notes and asked questions.
- Finish the novel--chapters 8, 9 and 10.