Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday, December 20th

MODERN PROSE

  • The Usual!

CREATIVE WRITING


Revision

  • People picked up their Perfect Moment second drafts.
  • I went over a sentence from everyone's essay, and we talked about it from a variety of angles--vivid vocabulary, structure, showing, etc.
  • I explained what I expected on the peer conference and revision.
  • People had forty-five minutes to peer conference, then revise to final draft.

Portfolio

  • We handed back papers and logged them into our folders.
  • I passed out the grid for portfolio thinking.

Homework

  • Read pages 22 and 23 in your orange section.
  • Peruse your folder.
  • Think about what you want to include in your final portfolio.
  • Complete the handout I gave you in class, fully, thoughtfully and completely.
AP ENGLISH

A Christmas Carol
  • We took the quotations quiz over Staves I-IV.
  • I read pages 34-35 aloud, and we put up our feast display with our color illustrations.
  • We continued discussing our scavenger hunt notes.
Poetry
  • I copied everyone's sestinas, and we shared them aloud today.
Homework
  • Read Stave V.
  • Type a one-two page PERSONAL (It does NOT have to be connected to the novel.) response to the Transformation free-write cue in your green packet.


No comments: