Surprise--we read today! :-)
I also had a catch-up session with each person in class--talked about their daily reading grade, checked on their book progress, updated the gradebook....
- I handed out and went over the requirements for the Around the Block Revision. We talked about how revision is RE-SEEING and RE-THINKING, not just editing.
- I handed back the Around the Block poems, with comments, and people got to work revising.
- We spent forty minutes revising. People who finished early read Earthbook, or read books.
- We installed our nametags on our desks.
- We viewed the slideshow for William Blake. We took notes, and we talked about some of his motifs, as well as elements from his work that we might call "Romantic".
- We viewed the slideshow for J. M. W. Turner, and repeated our process from the Blake viewing.
- I handed out the guidelines for the Romantic Art Response, and I went over it briefly. People got organized, then started to work on the project. We had about forty-five minutes to work.
- I conferenced with three people about their essays.
- Read Frankenstein, through page 128.
- Work on your Romantic Art Reflection.