- We read for forty-five minutes today.
- Marina presented a slideshow about Belgrade.
- We put one from everybody up on the Big Screen.
- I explained the skeleton frame for this assignment (p. 34).
- I read Kyle's poem as an example (p. 35).
- I also read Martha's, Jacque's and Jayme's as models, to give people ideas.
- We had twenty-five minutes to type a draft of this poem.
- We turned these in for me to read and comment on.
- Musical Memories Journal (p. 46)
- Frankenstein Reflective Journal (Typed)
- We wrote about self-definition and identity in our journals. We used prompt #1 on page 16 on the yellow Mango packet.
- We pair-shared about what eras we've toured, and we talked about where our gaps are. (pages 18-20)
- We got back together as a whole class to discuss the same.
The House on Mango Street
- I walked people through an overview of pages 1-2.
- I read an itty-bitty bit of the first chapter.
Independent Work Time
We used all our time after lunch (about twenty-five minutes, after I finished explaining all the work) to read the novel, pages 3-30, and get a start on all the following (for homework Monday):
- Read Better Note-Taking (p. 5 in the yellow Mango packet)
- Annotate as you read.
- Record elements of style on page 10.
- Record characters on page 6.
- Answer the study guide questions in your head. (Reading quiz questions will be drawn from the study guide.)