We read! :-)
- We talked about TRUST (p. 2)--what it means, and why it's vital to this class.
- We also skimmed the syllabus (p. 1).
- We talked about what is acceptable material, and what is off-limits.
- Everyone shared an anti-cliché from yesterday.
- We talked about what questions to ask, and what topics to discuss with third-graders.
- We drew names for our pen pals, wrote our letters, printed them and turned them in.
- I handed out the Scary Starters, and we had about fifteen minutes to start them. People will finish them during seminar or for homework.
- Scary Starter
- 128-Word Sentence
- Frankenstein, pages 1-14
- We discussed questions people had over the first pages of the book.
- I talked about critical approaches briefly, and we looked at biographical, historical, mythological and psychological, in particular.
- I talked about the big picture for this unit (front page of your purple Frankenstein packet).
- Everyone shared the 128-Word Sentences.
- If you didn't share today because you were absent, you will share Friday.
- Read pages 14-29 for tomorrow/Friday.