- We got our new seating chart! :-)
- Chloe made a thank-you poster for the Dollar General people who gave us the grant!
- We worked on four new words today.
- We used the iBooks to find TWO vocab pictures of each new word. The words had to a) actually represent the word; b) make sense to use; and c) be classroom appropriate. Here are the directions I gave in class:
1) Sign on to your Student Volume.
2) Get on Safari.
3) Search for TWO PERFECT pictures for each of the four new vocabulary words:
4) Make a folder in your Student Volume called “Vocabulary Pics”.
5) Drag all eight pictures in there.
6) Re-name your pictures as follows:
7) Log out, and neatly put your computer away. Make sure it’s plugged in.
8) Get our your vocab grids, and enter your FOUR new words. And draw a picture for each one.
Bookmark Journal Reminder
- Here's what I put up in class to remind people:
Bookmark Journal Info
What SHOULD I have complete already?
Some of you needed to re-do it though. Did you do that?
9/17 Compare and Contrast
9/8 Visualizing (on a different sheet)
People who were finished with the BMJ turned them in; people who were not finished will work on them tomorrow and turn them in then.
- I checked everyone's peer conferences.
- I made copies of people who are doing strong work, and we looked at these examples and clarifed the purpose and expectations for peer conferencing.
- We worked on vocab sushi for about fifteen minutes. Most people have leveled up since the start of the school year. Hopefully this practice will build vocabulary, and will help us ace our ACTs. :-)
- We had forty minutes to type/revise and create a draft 2.
- Bozidar presented a slideshow about Montenegro!
- Complete a peer conference over Draft #2.