- We briefly reviewed the first four words.
- We discussed four new words: tenacious, pacify, cerebral, and incongruous.
- We found two pics for each new vocab word, and we saved them in our vocabulary pictures folder on our student volumes.
- Everyone perused a copy of the of Fluency Rubric, and we talked about what each item meant.
- I read part of a story called, "They're Made Out of Meat," and people evaluated me on my fluency.
- We pair-shared to find all the Super Signals we could in the story.
- We discussed those Super Signals, and we recorded them on our Super Signals chart.
- Myth Essay and Self-Evaluation
- I went over the plan for the next week and a half.
- I talked briefly about what a city-state was.
- I put people into city-states (trios), and they worked on pages 13 and 14. We came back together to compare notes on page 14.
- We got back with our city-states to respond to pages 17 and 18--words we use today that owe their names to Greek mythology.
- I explained how the notecard review would work.
- We had fifteen minutes to create our first three cards (the Barbie; the powerpoint; and the FB page)
- We had ten minutes to review the words.
- We decided on the five words we'd study for tonight and have a quiz over tomorrow: ambiguous, circumlocution, resonance, irony and symbol.
- Study for the vocabulary ittty-bitty quiz.