- We reviewed for ten minutes.
- We turned in binders for grading.
- I went over expectations for our field trip.
- We read at the library for the rest of the block.
- We finished presentations/discussions on the trio RJ questions.
- We talked about what literary movements are, as people recalled their American Lit I background. We talked about why writers are grouped together.
- Even though we've been talking about Minimalism without labeling it for the past couple of days, today we used the label. We looked at a list of Minimalism characteristics, and we pair-shared about whether or not "Popular Mechanics" and/or "Cat in the Rain" uses those characteristics.
- We also defined and recorded what "nihilism" means.
- I handed out notes on Literary Movements and Minimalism, and we put these behind our first divider.
- Everyone turned in his/her RJ so I could read the first two assignments.