- Similes--we talked about what they are, and then we created five simile comparisons witht eh two columsn of words I put on the Big Screen (p. 52).
- We traded papers three times, and we starred people's best sentences, and then several people shared sentences.
- Love is Like....--I explained the assignment, and then we read four models--love is like ice cream, love is like a Snickers bar, love is like a never-ending football practice, and love is like a high-speed police chase.... We kicked around some possibilities of our own, and then we typed for fifteen minutes to create our own "Love is Like" poems.
Stewart Writing Buddies Work
- I put the portraits up on the Elmo, and we tried to guess who was who. :-) People put their portraits back into their manila folders.
- We typed our buddy's Sense Poem and Autobiography poem, and we saved them into the Student Volume.
- We got our Stewart packets back and put those in our folders.