- We reviewed the things we talked about yesterday with Choosing Precise Adjectives (p. 21), and we took a few more minutes to work on that page.
- We traded with three partners and starred their best precise writing.
- We snaked around the room, and everyone shared his or her best revision.
Ghosts, Monsters and Bullies
- We put our heads down for a few minutes, and we remembered what our fears were when we were children.
- Everyone shared a fear, and we talked about some of them.
- I read three models.
- We spent fifteen minutes typing our own childhood fear poems.
- We traded with partners, and asked each other three questions about the poems.
- We worked for ten more minutes, answering the questions we found interesting.
- We saved our poem, and printed a copy to turn in.
- Writing Experiment #3
Writing Experiment #3· Select ONE of the following choices to write about.· Set a timer for twenty minutes. Write or type for the full twenty minutes.· TYPE this assignment (and doublespace it), if you can do so at a reasonable pace.
DUE: Thursday, in the drawer, when the tardy bell rings