- Tabloid Story (w/your name on the top)
- Everyone shared his/her headline, plus a brief summary of the article.
- I went over the pink handout with different kind of stories.
- I read Angie's squirrel tabloid, as a model.
- We read The Journal's police logs, then shared the best ones.
- We cruised sites for ridiculous headlines.
- I passed out the rubric for this assignment, and we talked about why we were going to be writing a tabloid story (stretch our creativity; practice dialogue writing and editing; have fun).
- We started typing our first drafts.