Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday, April 19, 2010

CREATIVE WRITING


Review
  • We talked about the "Tips on Titles" page, as well as the "Making Titles..." page people completed in class on Friday.
Rubric
  • I went over the rubric for the Prompt Word Poem which was due today, and we filled it out.
Peer Conferencing
  • I explained the Trade-and-Grade assignment, and people who were prepared had their peer conferences.
  • Six people stayed in the room to complete the last assignment.
Revision
  • I handed back rough drafts of Where Were You Last Night?
  • I went over the checklist for how to revise this piece.
  • We had twenty minutes to revise.
Small Group Sharing
  • We read our WWYLN? in groups of four.  We each wrote down three questions about the story for each writer.  We didn't have time to let everyone read, so we will finish tomorrow.
With Me
  • I called about half the class back, one and a time, and each person read his/her Earliest Memory Poem aloud to me.
Homework
  • None

No comments: