- We took a few minutes to let everyone share their portfolio ideas.
- The Portfolio--a final collection of your best and brightest work--is due in eight days, Tuesday, March 23rd.
- We worked on and discussed what revision is (p. 81).
- We read a model first draft from Hannah on pages 83-4, and then we read the second draft, on pages 85-6.
- We made notes about what revisions we saw from from first draft to second.
Here are the directions I posted in class:
- Read over page 82—Having a Writing Conference with Yourself.
- Put a star by five questions you’d like to answer when you create your SECOND DRAFTS of revised prose.
- Get out Prose Revision #1.
- Open up your iBook file, and hit “TRACK CHANGES”.
- REVISE to a second draft, making a MINIMUM of ten changes.
- Save and print! Keep your two drafts save until tomorrow. (We’ll peer conference tomorrow.)
- Get out Prose Revision #2.
- Repeat the steps you followed for Prose Revision #1.
- Two completed second drafts (Prose #1 and Prose #2)
- I passed out the sheet about analyzing prose, and we talked about terms people were not familiar with.
- I talked about why we do the circle, and we talked about a few expectations (listen while people read; address comments directly to person; don't feel like you're on trial).
- Readers Today: Bethany (in absentia), Tyler, Brittany