- We had a paper pass-back, and we logged things in to our folders.
- I went over the Prompt Word Poem rubric, and I explained how to fill it out, then gave people time to do so.
- We went over the Unit 2 overview as a class, just to see how we're going.
- We wrote Free Write #2 for ten minutes--any topic.
- We traded-and-graded the Prompt Word Poem.
- Paragraphing--we went over page 32 together, and then we each practice paragraphing with the text on page 33. We shared our paragraphing with a partner, and then we looked at the original text to see how close we got to the twelve paragraph breaks.
- We passed back papers and did a folder log-in.
- Free Write #1--we wrote for ten minutes about anything.
- Oxymorons, Justaposition, and Apparent Contradictions--I handed out a page with definitions and examples on it, and we talked about WHY we are talking about oxymorons, and HOW we can use them in our writing.
- We got with a partner to do Assignment #2 on page 57.
- Continuing Stretching the Truth--everyone pulled out this memoir and work on it for about twenty minutes. People who needed to sent it home so they could work on it tonight.
- I showed the PostSecret slideshow of our class's postcards--the postcards were really neat. :-) Y'all did a great job on them!
- Continue Stretching the Truth at home as needed; workshop with little circle tomorrow; final draft due Wednesday