- We talked about why and how to use Precise Adjectives. We discussed how "tall woman" is a relative term (from yesterday).
- We did another example from page 22, and then we took ten minutes to substitute precise adjectives for the underlined words.
- We whipped around the room and let everyone share his/her strongest answer.
- We wrapped up by saying how and why we use precise adjectives.
- Half the class shared their favorite Earthbook pieces. Each person told why he or liked the piece.
- We passed back papers, and I wrote on the board how to log pieces in to your folder. We all did that.
- Revise the Around the Block Poem.
- I handed out the green checklist, and I explained how to do it, and why we were doing it. The focus is on 1)getting rid of -ing verbs, 2)getting rid of "I see", "I hear", etc, and 3)making weak verbs stronger. We had about twenty-five minutes to re-see and re-think the poem, and then to revise and re-type.
- We turned in the checklist, the original draft and the revision at the end of the block.
ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING
- We peer conferenced with two people over our Class Poem Lines Revision.
- We reviewed the Alternate Word Definitions on page 52, and then we broke into trios to come up with at least five alternate word definitions of our own.
- We shared them as a class.
- We passed back papers, and we did a folder log-in.
- We went over what we are doing in class tomorrow.
- We played Catchphrases masterfully the last five minutes.