- We went around the room, and everyone shared the title of his/her favorite book.
- Several people worked on book reviews.
- Sarah and John and I organized the book shelf.
- We read for about seventy minutes.
- We talked about questions or connections people had from chapters 3, 4 and 5.
- We took the quiz over chapters 3, 4, 5, then checked it.
- Mr. Hoover lectured and showed a powerpoint over Soviet Russia, then fielded questions. We took notes.
- We discussed connection we saw between what Hoover talked about regarding Soviet Russia, and what we read in chapters 3, 4, and 5.
- We worked for a few minutes with the new vocabulary.
- Read chapters 6 and 7, and quiz yourself with the study guide.
- Quiz yourself over the AF vocabulary; use the pink page in your binder, and then visit the website address listed there for practice.
- Santa Helper Preparation Sheet
- I handed out and explained the rubric for the Early Memory.
- I handed out and explained the peer conference sheet.
- We spent at least half the block working on the conference and creating the final draft for the Early Memory. Most people handed it in. If you didn't, finish it for homework, and put it in the drawer tomorrow.
- We organized ourselves according to our Santa's Helper job.
- We heard everyone's name and job.
- We handed papers back and logged things in.
- We selected three pieces to share with our small sharing groups tomorrow.
- I read a few people's Christmas wishes, and we tried to guess whose was whose.