- We read for about seventy-five minutes.
- I conferenced with a few people about their books, and some people did written reports.
- We took the vocabulary quiz.
- Everyone read George Orwell's "Why I Write", then typed the RJ questions. Most people have two or three questions left for homework.
The House on Mango Street
- I passed out the novella and the study guide, and spent a few minutes introducing it, with Jacky's help.
- I checked most people's sonnet comparison sheets.
- We spent the last fifteen minutes of the block talking about what we're going for the rest of the term, and everyone wrote down the plan.
- Finish Orwell RJ, if necessary
- Finish sestina, if necessary
- Read the first thirty pages of Mango
We finished reading letters, then typed a first draft of our Santa's Helper replies.
I read ten of the Life at Thirty stories aloud, and we kept track of our guesses.
Homework: Create a second, solid draft of your Perfect Moment, and be ready for a peer conference tomorrow.