- We had about sixty minutes to read.
- People signed up to have book chats tomorrow, as needed.
- We spent the block putting up the Comparison/Contrast essays and commenting on them, based on the writing rubric. We workshopped Greg's, Brittany's, and Tyler's.
- Read "To Build a Fire" by Jack London on pages 123-130. Highlight and annotate, because we will have a reading quiz tomorrow.
- I re-explained the Fiction Idea Assignment.
- I went over the Prompt Word Poem rubric carefully.
- We read page 42, Tips on Titles. Then we grabbed Earthbooks and used the titles there to fill out page 43. We compared answers as a class after about ten minutes or reading and work.
- Fiction Idea--saved to Student Volume Creative Writing folder by 3:20
- Prompt Word Poem--due when you walk in tomorrow
- Writing Experiment #5--following the directions on page 48--twenty minutes (timed), typed or handwritten is fine.