The Sound and the Fury
- We discussed all questions people had from pages 1-35. Everyone in class tried to help each other answer questions by making guesses, supported by evidence from the book.
- We made inferences like crazy.
- We continued our list of events in Benjy's chapter.
- We continued our list of motifs in Benjy's chapter.
- I handed out the symbol/motif chart for Quentin's chapter.
- We had thirty-five minutes for independent reading.
- Read pages 35-55 for tomorrow.
- Continue tracking events on your yellow sheet for Benjy's chapter.
- Start filling out the blue sheet for Quentin's chapter.
- We read.
- We typed book reports.
- We got grade printouts, assessed them for correctness, and updated our yellow reading records as necessary.
- We continued production of the magazine.