- Study guide for Mango through "Alicia Who Sees Mice"
The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros
- We spent the block talking about the first 31 pages of the book, reading our RJ responses aloud, as well as adding details and asking questions during class discussions.
Note: We started class pretty late today, due to the suspected gas leak and subsequent evacuation, so we only had about forty-five minutes for class.
- Read Mango, pages 33-71. Read the RJ questions, and carefully consider them. You do not need to write answers out, but you will have a quiz tomorrow over the reading and the RJ questions.
- People who needed to type book reports did so.
- I conferenced with several people about their books (verbal book reports).
- I handed out grade printouts.
- We read.
- We read and selected--a lot!
- The art committee met and decided some ins and outs.
- Lauren addressed art-back letters.
- We made plans for a Public Library/Breadeaux visit. Bring your permission slips, if you have not already done so.