- Frankenstein passage idea
Gothic Discussion and Notes
- What is it?
- What does it look like?
- How is gothic literature similar to architecture and art?
- I read the poem aloud, and then we started discussing questions people asked and discoveries they made. And then we got into a complex discussion, somewhat along gender lines, about, basically, the way these two people are (or are not) communicating. This was a great discussion, and we will continue it next week.
- I went over the plan for the next couple of days. Please refer to your lime-green sheet.
- The Frankenstein Reading quiz is tomorrow, so do what you need to do.
- Writing Experiment #3
- We talked about the Unit One overview on page 3, and we answered a lot of the questions there.
- We talked about the two-day plan. Please refer to your lime green sheet.
- We created more precise ways of describing the items on Choosing Precise Adjectives.
Writing Experiment #4
- We wrote a paragraph or an early memory.
- Then we turned it into a poem, and turned both pieces in.