Our three focal points for the week are as follows:
- revision and conferencing
- writing workshop with first-graders
Revised Poem #1--people showed me their second and original drafts.
We used page 89 in the book for help with questions for the gold sheet; then we traded with someone new for a thoughtful, thorough peer conference.
Everyone who's on schedule worked on the following:
- revising poem #2 (for tomorrow)
- creating final, perfect drafts of the three revised prose pieces (for Thursday)
People who were behind schedule attempted to catch up by answering "yes" to the following questions:
- Do I have a conference over each of my three revised prose pieces?
- Do I have a conference over my revised poem #1?
- We went over the general guidelines on page 9.
- We read Nicole's reflection to get an idea of how we are supposed to go about writing the portfolio reflection.
Homework (if not completed in class)
second draft of revised poem #2 (due tomorrow)
second draft of revised poem #3 (due Wednesday)
final portfolio (due next Tuesday)