Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wednesday, 11/6/14--CREATIVE WRITING (2:20 Dismissal)

Wednesday, 11/26/14
Day 27



1) Partner Dialogue Story:  Conferencing and Revision to Final Draft
  1. Read the story of the pair I assigned you yesterday, and EACH of you make four comments:
    1. two positive comments--things the writers are doing well
    2. two negative comments--things the writers could make stronger
  2. So when you’re finished reading and commenting, the story will have eight comments--four from you, and four from your partner.
  3. Now you and your partner read the comments you got on your story, and revise your Partner Dialogue Story to a final draft, which we will read aloud next week.

2) Writing Workshop/Homework for Tuesday
WE #9—Personal Essay--TWENTY MINUTES TO START, FINISH FOR HOMEWORK

You must answer "YES" to all the following questions for 100% on this assignment.
Copy the seven items in red below, then paste them into the top of your doc before you start typing.
1.      The piece is a minimum of 400 words.  My word count is in parentheses beside my name.
2.     I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.
3.     I used the correct MLA format for heading.
4.     I doublespaced the whole piece.
5.     I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying--these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow.
6.     I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words--these words are highlighted in pink.
7.     All above items are complete by classtime Tuesday, at which time I will submit it to Willis on google form.

CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR EXPERIMENT:

OPTION 1:  A Feast!
  • Plan your perfect Thanksgiving feast.  Describe in detail the foods you would eat.

Option 2:  Turkey!
  • Pretend you are a turkey at Thanksgiving.  Write from the point of view of the bird.  Discuss what you’re doing, where you are, and who you’re with.  

Option 3:  Totally Non-Seasonal!  :-)


No comments: