1) Partner Dialogue Story: Conferencing and Revision to Final Draft
- Read the story of the pair I assigned you yesterday, and EACH of you make four comments:
- two positive comments--things the writers are doing well
- two negative comments--things the writers could make stronger
- So when you’re finished reading and commenting, the story will have eight comments--four from you, and four from your partner.
- Now you and your partner read the comments you got on your story, and revise your Partner Dialogue Story to a final draft, which we will read aloud next week.
2) Writing Workshop/Homework for Tuesday
WE #9—Personal Essay--TWENTY MINUTES TO START, FINISH FOR HOMEWORK
You must answer "YES" to all the following questions for 100% on this assignment.
Copy the seven items in red below, then paste them into the top of your doc before you start typing.
1. The piece is a minimum of 400 words. My word count is in parentheses beside my name.
2. I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.
3. I used the correct MLA format for heading.
4. I doublespaced the whole piece.
5. I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying--these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow.
6. I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words--these words are highlighted in pink.
7. All above items are complete by classtime Tuesday, at which time I will submit it to Willis on google form.
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR EXPERIMENT:
OPTION 1: A Feast!
- Plan your perfect Thanksgiving feast. Describe in detail the foods you would eat.
Option 2: Turkey!
- Pretend you are a turkey at Thanksgiving. Write from the point of view of the bird. Discuss what you’re doing, where you are, and who you’re with.
Option 3: Totally Non-Seasonal! :-)