Welcome to Creative Writing!
Happy Friday--March 28th, 2014
Writing Experiment #1
Ghosts, Monsters and Bullies (poem)
First Block: no action today
Second Block: Complete peer conference.
1. Once you do this, go to my BLOG.
2. Read the assignment at the bottom of today’s agenda. It’s called “WE#2: Personal Essay, Cynefin or Comfort.
Close your computer, and read Earthbook for ten minutes (9:05 end time).
READ EARTHBOOK WHEN YOU FINISH, IN THIS ROOM. THANKS!
Grading for WE#2: Personal Essay
Comfort or Cynefin
- Open a blank google doc.
- Copy the directions in red (below), then paste them into the top of your doc.
- Read the directions carefully, so you BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND.
- Read the two choices you have for this assignment (Cynefin or Comfort), then select the one you most want to write about.
- Start your essay!
- Finish for homework (due @ tardy bell Monday).
You must answer "YES" to all the following questions for 100% on this assignment.
1. The piece is a minimum of 400 words. My word count is in parentheses beside my name.
2. I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.
3. I used the correct MLA format for heading.
4. I doublespaced the whole piece.
5. I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying--these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow.
6. I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words--these words are highlighted in pink.
7. All above items are complete by classtime Monday, at which time I will submit it to Willis on google form.