Tuesday, January 21st, 2014
Welcome to TURBO-ACW!
vTuesday, January 21st, 2014
Ø Class starts at 11:20.
Lunch = 11:58-12:23 (Be back on times, lovelies, or bring a pass from the office—please and thank you!)
1. Read “Ten Definitions of Poetry” by Carl Sandburg on page 11.
2. Here is the definition of the verb “define”:
a. —to specify;
b. --to determine the essential quality of;
c. --to determine the nature of
3. Discuss what you think each line of Sandburg’s definition means—unpack it; consider the possibilities.
1. As a group, discuss what each of YOU thinks are the DEFINING aspects of poetry.
2. All members of your trio type on the same doc!
3. Create a poem list called “Ten Definitions of Poetry” that your group feels DEFINES what poetry is to you.
4. (So each person comes up with approximately three definition lines.)
5. Create it and save it in google docs. The folder is called “Ten Definitions”.
6. Save it as your three last names, please.
v You have until 1:00 to discuss, then start creating your masterpiece. Make sure you save it in the folder.
v We will finish them tomorrow!
v Tomorrow: google doc dragging