Welcome, AP English Peeps! J
· Happy Tuesday, August 27th, 2013
* * * *
Welcome to Creative Writing!
Ø Tuesday, August 27th, 2013
Writing Experiment #2
1. Go to your google drive.
2. Click on the red square that says "Create", then "Document".
3. Head your paper with the MLA format (Look at your Around the Block poem, if you can’t remember.), then start typing your writing experiment (directions below).
Writing Experiment #2: Grateful/Break Up/Dinner
1. Select ONE of the following choices to write about.
2. Type for the full twenty minutes.
3. No one will read this but me.
4. When I call time, do a word count of your document, and put type that in parentheses next to your name.
5. Print to the Media Center, but do NOT go get it. I will send one person down to collect them.
Starting at ______; Ending at _______
#1: I’m Grateful
Even the dreariest, most awful weeks aren’t bad twenty-four hours a day. Think of a few things that have happened this week that you’re grateful for.
#2: Breaking Up
Woody Allen once said,
“It’s better to be the leaver than the leavee.”
Do you agree? Would you rather dump someone than get dumped yourself? Which do you think is more painful?
#3: Dinner Party
If you could invite any three people from any period in history to a dinner party (food, conversation), whom would you invite? Describe each person, and explain why you chose him or her.
* * * *
Click here for the Harvard article: