Happy Tuesday, 9/18/2012! DAY 19
Strategy Warm-Up: Mystery Picture Guesses
What We’re Going to To Do—Big Picture
· Practice the skill of making an inference— An inference is an educated guess about the hidden meaning of something.
Why It Makes You A Stronger Reader
· You’ll be able to understand and explain the implied meanings of a text, and you’ll be thinking about the text more deeply.
What to Do When I Show You the Mystery Photos
· Discuss with your partner WHAT you think it is or could be.
· On your paper, write a GUESS for what the photo could be.
· Write down at least ONE THING YOU SEE that is your evidence for this guess.
When We’re Done
· You will have been making inferences when you looked at the pics.