- I went over the seven-day plan for the rest of the term.
- We clarified all deadlines and timelines.
Workshop--People worked on the following, dependent on need:
- scanned pages for the children's stories.
- printed children's story pages.
- reviewed their peer conference comments from the short story.
- worked on their short story.
- worked on their children's story.
- Continue working on the above items.
- Your short story AND your children's story are both due tomorrow.
- Get the short stories to me at 8:05 so I can get them copied, please!
- Everyone created a "Getting Organized" checklist.
- We started out by reviewing Friday's blog--anyone who had NOT completed an item on Friday's block wrote down the item on his/her checklist.
- We wrote for a few minutes about what we'd accomplished on our portfolios (based on the assignments listed on Friday's blog).
- We quickly got into quartets and talked about our portfolio.
- I handed back Perfect Moments (first drafts), as well as a checklist for what to do to revise them from first to second draft.
- People worked on creating a solid second draft, and on completing the checklist.
- I matched people up with peer conferencers--the directions to follow were on the handout (extras on yellow board behind Gavin).
- Work on your portfolio! It's due in eight days.
- I had people review and then re-evaluation their WWYLN? stories, then hand them back in. For the four of you who were absent, here are the directions: