- We read for about seventy minutes today.
- I read everyone the e-mail from Mrs. Long.
- I handed out the poetry revision packet, and we talked about it as our guide for the second half of class today.
- We looked at Nick's first and second poem drafts and picked out revisions.
- Everyone revised Poem #1. Anyone who didn't finish will finish for homework.
- We worked our way down the same list we used yesterday--except for Prose #2.
- We traded with a new partner, and we completed a peer conference for Revised Prose #2.
- We passed back papers.
- We talked about all our deadlines for next week:
- Wednesday--FOUR REVISIONS DUE
- Wednesday--EB SUBMISSIONS DUE
- Thursday--PORTFOLIOS DUE
- We spent the first part of class going over the schedule for next week, and talking about the AP Exam.
- We looked at the AP Exam and discussed how to prepare for it. I also got an idea for who might be interested in taking it.
- We met for thirty minutes with our groups today for discussion, and then we assigned jobs and pages for the final reading assignment, due Monday.
- We took some time to evaluate or annotations on Animal Farm and A Christmas Carol, and then people who were ready conferenced with me.
- We had time left to read our book club books and work on our blue packet.
- Finish reading your book club book, and fill out the blue sheet for your last role for Monday's discussion.
- Revise your Graduation Essay, making at least ten strong changes, and have a clean printed copy here on Monday for peer conferencing.