- We read for about seventy-five minutes today.
- I had book chats with four people, and several people typed book reports.
- Mrs. F. was here today as a Guest Teacher. She worked with us on a poem, by breaking it into parts, and looking at each one ("Sestina"). We did a lot of discussion of all kinds of topics. :-)
- She worked with us on another poem, Shakespeare's Sonnet 73 ("That time of year thou mayst in me behold").
- I handed out the Professor Foster chapter ("If It's Square, It's a Sonnet"), as well as the packet of sonnets.
- Please check the wiki.
Showing, Not Just Telling (Notes and Discussion)
- We worked on pages 53 and 54 of our notes, and we discussed our ideas on the Big Screen.
Writing Assignment (Revision)
- We got back the rough draft of our Sense Poem, as well as a rubric for the assignment. We revised our poem, then handed it in.
- Answerless Questions, pages 72-3 (Some people started this in class.)
- Portfolio thinking: what is your idea for the structure of your portfolio? What are three pieces you know you want to include? What is one possible title?