- We finished discussing the RJ questions.
"The Dangers of Reading Fiction"
- We discussed the RJ questions.
We played a vocab review game, guys versus girls, and the guys won, barely. :-)
We got into our groups for twenty minutes to continue working on our presentations.
- Read "The Art of Fiction" on pages 31-2.
- Answer the eight Reading Journal questions thoughtfully and carefully.
- Study the Frankenstein vocabulary for fifteen minutes.
- Death of Language
- What makes a story a story? We talked about some of the genre research you guys did, and we looked at some elements of the short story up on the Big Screen.
- Where Were You Last Night?
- We wrote a short story that started with the given line, "Where were you last night?" We typed about thirty minutes, then printed what we had.
- We got our folders and logged in several pieces.
- We played Catchphrases, guys versus girls, and the game ended in a tie--that's right, a tie! :-)
- Journal #2--two pages MINIMUM (typed; doublespaced) on a topic of your choosing; you may use page 17 for help, if you want to. It's due in the drawer when you walk in on Monday.
TURBO-ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING
- We discussed some of the postcards we'd viewed online or in the books. Some were funny, some were heartbreaking, some were disturbing--but each one had a quality of honesty.
- Our assignment for Monday is to create TWO Post Secret post cards (one to be share with the class, the other not).
- We went to Kum and Go, and a good time was had by all.
- We started construction of a snack schedule.
- Hurtling Towards Cereal Bowl, Spoon at Ready
- We took our morning, and we turned it into a "fancy morning", using Adam N.'s model in the textbook as an example. Those that wanted to shared them at the end of the block.
- Childhood Memoir, ready to peer conference
- Post Secret Post Card (2)